This school auditorium, built in 1939, housed 422 American Seating chairs that were in serious disrepair. When the auditorium remodeling project came about, the owner hoped to maintain the vintage feel of the seating by salvaging the chairs core parts and updating the color selections and increasing the comfort. The chairs were removed from the auditorium and sent to the Irwin Seating plant for refurbishing. Original materials were stripped and refinished or replaced where beyond repair. The wood backs and armrests were refinished, end standards repainted, new foam pads and upholstery were selected and replaced. The final product was then reinstalled in the newly remodeled space.